Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ready or Not

It seemed so simple ten months ago, when I was asked to do a long-term volunteer stint at the UMCOR (United Methodist Committee On Relief) 
Sager Brown Depot campus in Baldwin, Louisiana.  Now the privilege is less than twenty-four hours away and I am both excited and overwhelmed.  I hope to serve well.  I hope to be a positive, helpful advocate for the 
short-term volunteers, the people of Baldwin and everyone my life touches during the next two months.  I hope to represent my church, my family and my friends--my support system--honorably as I seek to be an outreach liaison between the volunteers and the community.  I hope to remember my smile.  I hope to learn a lot and to be busy in Baldwin.  May it be so.

1 comment:

  1. You have a wonderful smile that I'm sure will appear often

    ReplyDelete